Northern Nevada, Reno/Sparks Volunteer Team
Preventing Child Trafficking and Exploitation.
The Northern Nevada Volunteer Team is suppporting Love146. For more information on this organization go to www.love146.org
How you can help.
Why we fundraise: The International Labor Organization estimates that at this moment, over 4 million children are being trafficked for labor and sex. We feel like we have to do something, and this is something we can do.
Where does the money go?
Love146 journeys alongside children impacted by trafficking today and prevents the trafficking of children tomorrow. When you make a donation to our Tread on Trafficking efforts you are…
- Providing a child recovering from trafficking with holistic care, journeying alongside them for as long as it takes.
- Meeting a young person’s practical needs of food, healthcare, and education as they heal.
- Supporting a survivor to access and succeed in higher education and employment.
- Helping a victim to seek justice against their traffickers.
- Preventing trafficking by helping a child understand vulnerability, spot the signs of trafficking, identify healthy support systems, and learn skills they need to stay safe.
- Responding to a child who may be in danger by going to meet with them, listen to them, give them resources, and help them understand if they’ve been victimized.
- Equipping a professional with an up-to-date and research-based child trafficking prevention curriculum, bringing it to youth in schools, juvenile justice and child welfare agencies, and other community settings.